Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Autistic


Blank stares on the wall
Sometimes does not hear me call 
Ignoring  one and all
Does not relate to ball or doll

Car rides- he just loves it
Puzzles are done in a minute
His energy level is infinite
His memory is really the limit

He is Autistic they say
He won’t follow the rules we’ve laid
It not that he is scared
Or the people around him have not cared

He may never  tie his lace
He  may learn to talk at a slow pace
He may not run in life’s rat race
Whatever may be the case ,

I hope I can work  hard
I am playing every card
It does not matter if he is not a bard
I hope he will  live well  , my lord. 

A mothers view of a child with Autism 

1 comment:

  1. hi i am ambika takalkar , mother of 11 year autistic non verbal child . I done B.Ed. in special education and started Manobal Autism center at my city, Aurangabad (maharashtar)....

    Nice to see the blog.. and poem is very nice...

    ReplyDelete